CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, we took the basic model of a farm CSA and applied it to the way we offer exciting new limited-release, speciality craft beer styles to members.
Typically, members pay up front for a portion (share) of the harvested produce, eggs, meat, etc. Risk and reward is shared equally among members and growers. Benefits include high-quality fresh food and a direct relationship with farm.
We incorporated the CSA concept to provide true craft beer enthusiasts an opportunity to experience unique, limited-release beers in a wide range of styles. The breadth of styles can range from Imperial Stouts, to a variety of Pale Ales, or Saison styles that feature seasonal produce. The CSA is a great way to be involved with the craft beer community and have a close, working relationship with the brewery and other craft beer aficionados.
Shares are sold in 6-month increments: January - June and July - December. A full share includes 12 bombers each month; a half share includes 6 bombers each month. The program is favorably priced at less than $7 per bomber for premium craft beers that often would be sold at a retail cost of as much as $20 per bomber. Click here for pricing info.
Download our brochure and membership application.
Members receive updates about the beer and notifications as to when to pick up their share at the brewery on the farm, or at Craft Beer Cellar in Old Town, Fort Collins.
Our 2017 July - December beers include:
- JULY - Strawberry Wheat Ale - An American-style wheat ale with strawberries added during fermentation to produce a light, refreshing beer that's perfect for hot summer days.
- AUGUST - Peach Pale Ale - A light bodied, hoppy American pale ale with a touch of peach and firm hop presence that produce an outstanding afternoon sipper.
- SEPTEMBER - Chamomile Saison - Our collaboration with Celestial Seasonings is a light-bodied, crisp Saison with a touch of Celestial Seasonings chamomile added after fermentation. The chamomile adds light floral and fruity aromas to our traditional farmhouse Saison. Check out this article from Thirst Magazine about our September CSA beer.
- OCTOBER - Fresh Hop IPA - Our fresh hop IPA is brewed with fresh hops grown a few feet from our brew kettle. Expect several different hop varieties and loads of fresh hop flavor.
- NOVEMBER - Acorn Squash Amber Ale - Locally grown acorn squash is added to our mash and boil. A tasty alternative to the ever-present pumpkin beers released every year. We consider this to the the perfect fall harvest beer.
- DECEMBER - Caramel Coffee Porter - Our collaboration with Boulder Organic Coffee is an English-style dark Porter brewed with Boulder Organic Coffee and caramel. The result is a rich, complex beer that is perfect for cold weather and holiday meals.
BEERS FOR 2018 JANUARY - JUNE INCLUDE:
JANUARY: Lavender Golden Strong - A classic Belgian style golden strong infused with just enough lavender to make this beer a knock out. Our friends at Celestial Seasonings provided the lavender which, lends a nice light florally aroma and flavor.
FEBRUARY: Irish Stout - A classic Irish style stout with rich chocolate and coffee notes and a light roastiness. A light alcohol content and surprisingly light body make this jet black beer a great cold weather sipper.
MARCH: Bierre de Garde - This is traditional Belgian/ French farmhouse style ale with a moderately high alcohol content. A light malt sweetness and subdued hop presence are key features.
APRIL: Cascade Single Hop Pale Ale - A classic American Pale ale featuring the citrusy grapefruit hop profile that the Cascade hop is known for. This pale ale is a great showcase for the classic American hop!
MAY: Steinbier – An ancient German style ale that was originally boiled with only super heated rocks, our Steinbier is a combination of old and new school processes. Yes, we put a bunch of hot rocks in this one!
JUNE: Tart Rhubarb Red Ale – This beer is deep mahogany in color with light toasty malts and a balanced hop presence. Just a slight tartness plays off the Rhubarb to make a light refreshing beer.
Download the membership application to join our CSA Beer Club.
Please email questions about the program to firstname.lastname@example.org